Re: KDE SC 4.10

Am Freitag, 5. April 2013 schrieb Sune Vuorela:
> On 2013-04-05, Julian <tempura@internode.on.net> wrote:
> > Were the servers down at qt-kde.debian.net? Sorry I'm just confused as
> > to why 4.10 isn't there?
>
> pushing things to qt-kde.debian.net is quite some extra work for
> everybody, for example it is not hooked up to debian autobuilder
> infrastructure, so it is basicalyl doubling the work if the work is
> planned to end up in the real debian archive.
>
> personally, I also think that qt-kde.debian.net isn't a good solution to
> any problem. Stuff should in my opinion happen in the debian archive.
> Oh. and it is me who has pushed most stuff to the archive so far.

What was the reason for qt-kde.debian.net then? From the page:

"The primary purpose of this repository is to provide package versions of
the KDE applications which for some reason cannot be uploaded to unstable or
experimental."

So a goal can be to have experimental always be ready to accept new KDE SC
packages? At what times wasn´t it? Does it have to do with the freeze? I
always thought the freeze would only affect sid.

Well but then this discussion is out of scope here on the list, since it
basically is a users mailing list.

I continue looking forward to KDE SC 4.10 for Debian via official means.

Thanks,