Re: KDE SC 4.10

On 04/04/13 21:54, David Baron wrote:

> I agree. I have two (count 'em) experimental snapshot sets of KDE, the KDE4.9
> on qt-kde.debian.net/debian and now the 4.10 on
> packages.siduction.org/kdenext.  This is certainly not desirable and
> probably, the 4.10 shouild be copied or moved to the debian snapshots. Once
> 4.10 is installed, it is not possible to go back so no need for both.

Were the servers down at qt-kde.debian.net? Sorry I'm just confused as
to why 4.10 isn't there?

siduction is not something that I'll install as an complete OS for now,
rolling release distributions aren't as important as you think, but IMO
serve a different purpose.

Having a stable and tested operating system and its core packages is
important and packages end up in stable that have gone through the
rigmarole.

Rolling releases of individual packages are everywhere (downloadable
.deb packages or little source repos), most of the time (all the time?)
these are not critical core OS libraries or applications.

But there was nothing like this for KDE unless you built your own and
didn't give a damn about that "oh so very important package six versions
down" (that I won't mention DIE ****** DIE), you were stuck.

So for that siduction is doing a great service to the community.

May their rolling releases end up in "experimental"

I can only see benefits.