Re: KDE SC 4.10

Am Dienstag, 2. April 2013 schrieb José Manuel Santamaría Lema:
> Hello Marin,

Hi  José,

> > Hi!
> >
> > I have browsed some basic packages at git.debian.org and it seems
> > José and others work on KDE SC 4.10.
> >
> > Are any of these already in a testable state? I may be inclined to
> > build some during the free week after the coming week.
> >
> > Anyway, keep up the good work.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> I have switched to siduction[1], this means I will be working providing
> packages for that project from now on. The packages of debian's git are
> almost ready but they probably need some few changes (some
> Breaks/Replaces here and there), I have hacked them a bit and I released
> them for siduction, While this packages are meant to be included in that
> distro, I tried to install them in a debian machine and they work, you

José, thank you.

I am reluctant about switching (partly) to a Debian derivative. I didn´t
switch to Ubuntu and seeing the recent stuff happening there I now know why.
And while I think end of freeze period times in Debian are sometimes difficult
to deal with I am also a bit tired of the ton of Debian derivatives, their
renames, closings and reopenings somewhere else and so on and would like a
rolling Debian instead :).

Debian is a constant for me, it has always been there, since I use it. It
may not have been the best in all cases, but at last its still there and
rocking.

And anyway, there is a way to provide rolling KDE SC in qt-kde.debian.net or
wasn´t there?

Also I don´t like to ask for feedback regarding any possible installation of
your packages on this list, cause, well, the list is called debian-kde not
siduction-kde :)

> [1] It's a rolling release based on debian sid, so no freezes because
> they are not needed.

Thanks,