Re: KDE SC 4.10

Hello Marin,

Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>
> Hi!
>
> I have browsed some basic packages at git.debian.org and it seems
> José and others work on KDE SC 4.10.
>
> Are any of these already in a testable state? I may be inclined to build
> some during the free week after the coming week.
>
> Anyway, keep up the good work.
>
> Thanks,

I have switched to siduction[1], this means I will be working providing
packages for that project from now on. The packages of debian's git are almost
ready but they probably need some few changes (some Breaks/Replaces here and
there), I have hacked them a bit and I released them for siduction, While this
packages are meant to be included in that distro, I tried to install them in a
debian machine and they work, you can install them adding this line to your
sources.list or sources.list.d/whatever:
deb http://packages.siduction.org/kdenext experimental-snapshots
and then you can install siduction-archive-keyring and upgrade. Pretty much as
you did with qt-kde.debian.net.

Hint: don't upgrade with the X server running if you are upgrading from 4.9.5,
we got some hangs.

[1] It's a rolling release based on debian sid, so no freezes because they are
not needed.