Error message "The Zeroconf daemon (mdnsd) is not running."

When I'm trying to access the zeroconf:/ URL in Dolphin or Konqueror, I
get an alert telling me "The Zeroconf daemon (mdnsd) is not running.".
There is indeed no mdnsd running on my system and there doesn't seem to
be one available in debian (sid) at all. However, all kinds of avahi
packages are installed and avahi-daemon is running.

This isn't a pressing problem for me and I'm asking more out of
curiousity. Maybe I'm missing something zeroconf could do for me. I
stumbled upon this, while trying to import photos into Digikam (2.6.0)
from an android phone running sshd (SSHDroid). The import can be done
via sftp ("Import from Remote Computer"), but is somewhat rudimentary,
as no previews are shown.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig