Re: KDE SC 4.9.5 on wheezy howto?

A Dimarts, 12 de febrer de 2013, dh va escriure:
> Hello Martin,
>
> On Monday, February 11, 2013 7:40:01 PM Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Montag, 11. Februar 2013 schrieb dh:
> > > --------snip--------
> > > Thank you all for your comments, I did a few of test installs this
> > > weekend, (in virtual box) a couple from the wheezy live kde iso,
> > > another from Debian Installer (d-i) Beta4. Diederik's suggestions
> > > worked without a problem.
> > >
> > > Now I just need to decide if I want to revert to the unsupported (from
> > > upstream) kdepim. I spent a week and a half last september "upgrading"
> > > from 4.4.11, now I have to decide if I am willing to go back.
> >
> > Oh, if you have already done the upgrade and are happy with it, it would
> > involve quite a lot of extra work and the potential of meta data loss, if
> > not being very careful.
>
> I did a test with a backup of my Mail folder. Since the metadata is
> separate from the mail, it is actually easier to go backwards. (But the
> metadata will be lost))
>
> The metadata stored by nepomuk seems to be the major draw of newer kmail2,
> etc. But since all of my email searches are simple, akonadi/nepomuk
> actually creates as many liabilities as benefits. Turn off Nepomuk and I
> lose the ability to perform a simple search in my email at all.
>
> kmail 4.4.11 is not dependent on Akonadi / nepomuk to perform searches if I
> remember correctly.
>
> > You could wait till Debian maintainers ship KDE SC 4.10 packages
> > including KDE PIM 4.10, but then likely you would have to run Sid until
> > Wheezy + 1, unless there will be backports.

Hi,

I'm lost again ... Are there in any place with debian packages of kdepim with
caldav/carddav suport?

In theory, since kde4.8, you can synchronize with owncloud, but I have tested
kde4.8.4 and kde4.9, and the cal(rd)dav support doesn't works.

I'm missing something?

Regards,

Leo

Linux User 152692     PGP: 0xF944807E