Re: Deebian 7.0 needs to support MTP (for Android), else it will lose relevance

Since the flames on this thread seem to be settling, I dare to reply to a
message on it... ;-)

On Friday 08 February 2013 16:29:43 Daniel Skinner wrote:
> If there's any links for "newer android devices support MTP-only", I'm
> interested to see but I think this is a mistake. The first statement
> "google decided to remove usb mass storage ..." is correct in the sense of
> google-branded devices. I believe this is also the case for the latest from
> samsung.

For Samsung devices, it seems to be some, but not all devices. Looking at the
tablets, you have usb mass storage support in the Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1
N8000 and the N8020, but not in the N8010. The N8010 and N8020 are marked as
"new" on samsung.at, so I guess there is no fixed policy for/against
exclusively using MTP...

(Though I do agree that MTP seems to be on the rise...)

Cheers,
  Johannes