Re: Deebian 7.0 needs to support MTP (for Android), else it will lose relevance

I prefer something in between. Stable core (I couldn't care less which version of glibc is there,  as long as it works) but with latest killer features for Home users.
And copying files to/from smartphone counts as a killer feature.

Long-term problem :
There must be easy way to add killer features post release.
Example : WebM codec is super easy to install on Windows XP. Updating it's Media Player to v11 also gives you MTP support.

On Debian (and other Linuxes) adding major features post release is extremely difficult. Even with debian-backports repo I had to jump through hoops to get WebM video working on Debian 6.0 "squeeze". (due to long chain of interconnected dependencies)

For now it would be best to somehow include MTP before Debian 7 release.

-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"
Sent from Galaxy S III