KDE SC 4.9.5 and KMail issues

Since both Reinhold and Benjamin confirmed the issue I have with KMail [1] since
the upgrade to 4.9.5, the next step is identifying the cause and finding a
solution to it.

not retained when you (try to) change them. I have mostly Disconnected IMAP
accounts, but it also happens on a POP3 account I have.

Problem is that I have to clue how to 'debug' the issue.
Pointers?

Cheers,
  Diederik

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2013/01/msg00066.html