Re: My impressions on KDE and KDEPIM 4.10

On 2013-01-23, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> wrote:
> it's not easy to collaborate with the debian-kde maintainers, probably
> because, as you have said below (...we have in the past been burned a bit..)

We do frequently get new contributors from time to time. so it can't be
that hard. Try drop by in #debian-qt-kde on irc.debian.org and lurk
around, say hi, see what happens. sometimes it is highly technical.
sometimes it is just social. but both is important to work together.

> lot of attacks. The transition from kde3 to kde4 was a pain.

That transition was quite seamless.
No. we have especially been burned with stuff related to
debian-multimedia.org which sometimes breaks the entire stack of stuff.

> This could be solved with backports, but neither squeeze of lenny had, afaik.

That's a manpower issue, at least for squeeze. For lenny, it was the
complex kde upgrade that was the major prevention.

> ok, but I'm a bit loss. Looking on [1] only a few rc bugs and almost solved
> affect releasing wheezy, and no one of the qt-kde packagers. Do you know what

There is not only rc bugs. there is also the general experience and
ensuring stuff is great[tm]

> happens? Are the release team waiting to the fosdem? ;-)

I won't be at fosdem this year.

/Sune