Re: My impressions on KDE and KDEPIM 4.10

On 2013-01-23, Diane Trout <diane@ghic.org> wrote:
> I looked and I don't think so. I'm hoping that if get the debian packaging
> repositories up we can get attention from the debian developers to start
> pulling the updated packages into experimental.

Working with the debian developers *now* is a much simpler way to get
our attention.
Providing simple and easy integratable patches or well done git branches
to pull from is a way.

Providing packages in a 3rd party repository is not a good way to try to
get attention.

Also note that we have in the past been burned a bit by public 3rd party
repositories where something wasn't done as expected, so it messed a lot
with the updates and upgrades, so, if you choose to publish packages
in a 3rd party repository, please somehow put a 'mark' in the version
number - e.g. using 0dtrout1 or something like that, so that if we see
upgrade issues, we know which ones is ones we need to spend time on,
and which ones is due to 3rd party packages.

But we do appreciate help and people doing work, as long as it doesn't
come back in a bad way later, but our focus is currently mostly on
getting debian wheezy out of the door so we can start putting new stuff
in unstable again.

/Sune