Re: My impressions on KDE and KDEPIM 4.10

On Monday, January 21, 2013 00:34:29 Josep Febrer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As others have expressed on the list, I have build my own packages of KDE
> 4.10 rc3, first I based on current debian scripts and also took a look at
> the ubuntu packages and got some missing stuff from there.
>
> I just upgraded from current 4.8 packages from sid. I didn't upgrade all the
> packages just the ones I use most, and I have to say that things went quite
> smooth, KDE 4.10 seems quite solid on my systems.

Did you try building PyKDE4? That was the only kubuntu package I tried that
didn't build from source for me.

Do you have the debian derived packages checked in to any public repository?
As Sune wanted the updated packages to be based on the debian git
repositories, I'm assuming the next step for me would be to start building
from debian derived packages and replacing my kubuntu-esque ones.

Oh also, did you have libkolab & libkolabxml? kdepim-runtime has an optional
dependency on the kolab stuff.

Diane