Re: Squeeze: Problems with contact data in Kontact

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your solution proposal. Unfortunately, editing the email-
addresses in the KMail settings does not resolve the behaviour.

I used the word "auto-completion" in my first mail. I am sorry, "auto
completion" does not correctly describe the problem.

Let me explain the problem in another way:

I have contact data which I created BEFORE and AFTER the installation of
Debian Squeeze. Before I used Squeeze I used Debian Lenny. Now I use
Debian Squeeze.

There are 2 problems:

1. When I edit contact data in "Kontact" (i.e. I overwrite the old email
address with a new email address) of a contact entry that I created in
Debian Lenny, and I type the first letters of the name of that contact
entry into the "To"-field in a new email, then "Kontact" does not offer me
the new email adress of that contact entry, but the OLD ONE. I.e.
"Kontact" does not recognize new email addresses of contact entries that
I edited in Debian Squeeze.

2. I have created several new contacts in "Kontact" after the
installation of Debian Squeeze. When I open a new email and type the
first letters of these contacts in the "To"-field, then "Kontact" does not
recognize these contacts at all. I.e. "Kontact" does not offer me the
names of these contacts in the "To"-field at all.

To explain the letter more detailed, using an example:

After the installation of Debian Squeeze I created a contact in
"Kontact" for a person with the name "Loris" ("Loris" is the value in
the "Name" field in her contact entry), and I specified her email address
in the "Email" field in her contact entry. When I create a new email and
start to type "Loris" in the "To"-field, then nothing happens: "Kontact"
does not offer me Loris' email address to pick. I.e. Kontact does not
recognize Loris as a contact entry.

Regards,

Jens