Re: KDE 4.10

> Hi Diane,
> Custom 4.10 KDE deb packages is also on my TODO list.
> As far as an equivalent to ubuntu's PPA -  one can host a repo of
> unofficial builds and interested people can add it to their apt
> sources.
> What is your packaging code based off? (wheezy, kubuntu?)
> It would be an idea to get the code for either and host it on
> github perhaps (target wheezy) then people can start tweeking
> for 4.10.
> Just an idea.
> Jules.

Hi,

My debian packaging has mostly been building packages for personal
use, so my knowledge of how to handle the copyright and changelog file
isn't very good.

I copied my current 4.10 working directory onto a server at work.
http://woldlab.caltech.edu/~diane/kde4.10/

ppa is a copy of my reprepro tree that I'm using to feed dependencies
into my pbuilder instance.

workingdir is the source directories and source packages. For packages
that have a git-vcs tag I checked it out, for the couple that aren't
already in debian.

I've been focusing on trying to compile enough so that I could log in
and see if it works, so I've only been trying to compile packages I use.

I was currently working on trying to get kde-workspace to build, I'm
currently working on updating the *.install files.

I don't know how I should set up the changelogs. dch -i just added
my change to the last UNRELASED tag. However the current text is
about minor changes related to the 4.8.4 version and then me bumping
the version up.

Probably a good one to look at for how I was editing the changelog:
http://woldlab.caltech.edu/~diane/kde4.10/workingdir/kde4libs/debian/

The two new at the moment packages are:
http://woldlab.caltech.edu/~diane/kde4.10/workingdir/nepomuk-core-4.9.95/
http://woldlab.caltech.edu/~diane/kde4.10/workingdir/nepomuk-widgets-4.9.95/

I also don't know what the version for kde-sc-dev-latest should be.

With some help for those issues I can start committing the debian
directories and putting them somewhere. (github is probably a
reasonable place).

Diane

(Note the above links will probably get deleted by feburary 2013.)