Re: wheezy issues

I'm all for akonadi-backend-sqlite being the default for new
users and migrations - if that is possible.
Forcing either mysql or postgresql makes some assumptions about
whether the end user doesn't have a preference to either one.

SQLite is a well regarded general purpose file based
database engine and is a safe middle ground, particularly when
the end *user* has to support many users and would prefer
better things to do than edit their configs.

Upon upgrading to squeeze one of the many surprising annoyances
was the default mysql backend for akonadi. Considering we've
been a posgresql setup for more than a decade - parading postgresql
T-Shirts, if you get my drift.
On another note, as of friday the last user was migrated to thunderbird
(thank god for imap). The immediate impression "oh this is much better".

I actually prefer to support an all "K" setup myself. But thats just the
way its going to be for now.

Jules.