Re: Fwd: [Kde-pim] 4.10 Beta looking good

On Sunday, 2012-12-09, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Sun 09 Dec 2012 11:58:38 Luis Felipe Tabera escribió:
> [snip]
>
> > - Migration of mails was a pain. Many mails did not show up and were
> > (aparently) lost. At the end I had to recreate all my accounts and then
> > import my old mails. I was not confident with the result unitl I
> > md5-compared all my mails with a backup.
>
> This is one of the main reasons we didn't chosee kmail2 for wheezy.
> On jessie we will need a transition and users would need to recreate their
> accounts. Or come up with a decent tool for importing their old mail.

Indeed. Migration[1] just doesn't work for this kind of situation (lots of
data, potentaily huge data items).

The KMail maintainer is working on a new import tool, but I haven't look at it
recently so I can't tell whether it has "import full KMail1 setup" yet.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] as in modify the setup as required by the new version, hold startup of
program until done.