Re: Fwd: [Kde-pim] 4.10 Beta looking good

> Just upgraded my 4.9.4 install to 4.10 Beta 1 via an upgrade from Kubuntu
> 12.10 to the 13.04 alpha.
>
> First impressions:
>
> - My akonadi data/cache was preserved, doesn't seem to be any quirks popping
> up. Prior upgrades have required erasing the akonadi db and starting from
> scratch
>
> - CPU usage is hugely improved. On 4.9.4 I was getting regular spikes and on
> startup it was hogging 4 cores for up to 15 minutes before it settled. Now
> I logon and CPU is at zero in seconds.
>
> - Searching. Looks good so far. I have a saved search folder of all unread
> emails. Works and not hogging the CPU either.

I have also tried kde 4.10 beta compiling from source on a debian testing
distribution (compiling full kde here). Regarding kdepim2, my personal feeling
is:

- Akonadi/nepomuk works better, I can now use simple search folders. Like
important-marked mails.
- Cardav/caldav (on a owncloud server) works well. Some minor rough edges
creating and deleting calendars.
- Migration of mails was a pain. Many mails did not show up and were
(aparently) lost. At the end I had to recreate all my accounts and then import
my old mails. I was not confident with the result unitl I md5-compared all my
mails with a backup.
- I feel "almost forced" to use kwallet, if not the system is tiresome asking
for passwords.

Luis