Fwd: [Kde-pim] 4.10 Beta looking good

Hi!

I usually do not forward mails between mailinglists, but that looks
promising:

Subject: [Kde-pim] 4.10 Beta looking good
Date: Samstag, 8. Dezember 2012
From: Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com>
To: KDE PIM <kde-pim@kde.org>

Just upgraded my 4.9.4 install to 4.10 Beta 1 via an upgrade from Kubuntu
12.10 to the 13.04 alpha.

First impressions:

- My akonadi data/cache was preserved, doesn't seem to be any quirks popping
up. Prior upgrades have required erasing the akonadi db and starting from
scratch

- CPU usage is hugely improved. On 4.9.4 I was getting regular spikes and on
startup it was hogging 4 cores for up to 15 minutes before it settled. Now I
logon and CPU is at zero in seconds.

- Searching. Looks good so far. I have a saved search folder of all unread
emails. Works and not hogging the CPU either.

Well done guys!

--
Lindsay Mathieson

Ciao,