Re: amarok in wheezy

Hello,

On Wednesday 28 November 2012 22:13:31 Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just wondering: does it make sense to ship wheezy with amarok 2.6beta1,
> while 2.6.0 is since many weeks in sid?

Wheezy does not have 2.6 Beta 1, but it has a post 2.6 Beta 1 snapshot.
However, the diff between that pre-2.6.0 snapshot and 2.6.0 is huge and I
doubt it can get through freeze.

Anyway, I wish I kept 2.5 in wheezy. The story is this: just before the
freeze, Amarok upstream kept saying repeatedly that they would release 2.6.0
"soon" and only bugfixes are going to get in before final release. So I
uploaded the latest snapshot 2.6 at the time right before the freeze in order
to minimize the diff for future freeze exception. But, upstream didn't release
"soon" and to make things worse, they later merged various refactoring
changes. So the diff is huge now, nobody can understand and justify it.

So wheezy is stuck with some unofficial snapshot which does not seem to be so
bad though as far as lacko of bug reports tell.

Anyway, my mistake, sorry about that.