Re: KDEPIM & Cal-/Card-DAV

On 28/11/12 03:12, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Montag, 26. November 2012 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
On Monday, 2012-11-26, David Smith wrote:
On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM, chymian<chymian@gmx.net>  wrote:
at the moment I'm tied to icedove/thunderbird which is another sad
story.

tia
günter
Yes,  I agree the state of KMAIL in Wheezy is really bad.. It's
*VERY* easy to make it crash 10-15 times an hour with normal
operation of the program.  I've also resorted to just removing it
and running ice dove which is easily 1000x better in features and
never crashes.
Is this a different version than the one in Unstable?
Because the one in Unstable does not show that kind of behavior.

Here it is one the few applications that run at all times (I start it
one of the first things when logging in and never quit it until I log
out) and this laptop often sees uptimes of 60 days and more.

I do run it as a component within Kontact, but I would be surprised if
this is the important difference.

The version reported here is 1.13.7
+1.

KMail runs for days without being restarted here. POP3 accounts, more than
one million mails.

Only thing is that sometimes it is stuck on sending an outgoing mail. I
found this to be related with nepomuk and I think I even mentioned it on
kdepim oder kdepim-users in some thread. AFAIR I can unstuck it by
stopping a certain nepomuk related process.

I did not see this on my workstation at work I think and on the work user
on this laptop. IMAP with both.

The problems I experienced was:
1) Kmail/akonadi in a X Terminal environment.
2) Rather large #PUBLIC imap hierarchies
This is running squeeze.  Had no problems with lenny (kde3.5).
If the stability of wheezy > squeeze when it comes to KDE then
thats great.
Still curious as to why kmail/kdepim are still stuck at 4.4.x.
Jules