Amarok advice needed for patch not yet accepted upstream?

Hello,

I'm a heavy Amarok user and I'm not sure if this is the right list or not.

Quick question... Is there a way to get a tiny patch considered, even if it hasn't yet been accepted upstream?

When I run Amarok, I get no visualizations because it says "Your System has no sample buffer support", but
as it turns out, it's checking for things that aren't even needed.  There is a patch upstream that disables this check and when I apply the patch and recompile,  my Amarok then works with the visualizations.

I'm running a Mobility X700 graphics card with the r300g (Gallium driver).

See my bug report here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=683707

And the patch for upstream here:  https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104330/diff/?expand=1

Or maybe I just need to get upstream to look closer at considering that patch somehow?  I'm not sure how to do that.  It's not even my patch, but it works.

Thanks for the help!