Re: KDE PIM packaging

On Thu 30 Aug 2012 16:27:45 Torsten Grote escribió:
> On Thursday 23 August 2012 15:27:04 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> > We currently lack the manpower to do this. We still have some RC bugs
> > that need fixing, so we have some other stuff to do before thinking in
> > kdepim.
>
> That's unfortunate! How hard is it to learn Debian packaging? Is it
> realistic for me to start and try to help with that? (I do have a
> technical background, know how to program, use git etc.)

Learning to package takes time and will, but if I could learn it, I'm sure
almost anyone can :-)

That being said, kmail is not the place to start packaging.

> On the other hand, I'm really close to offer money. Would that be something
> that would motivate you to dedicate more of your spare time to packaging?

While I'm perfectly fine if someone earns money for doing Debian stuff, I
don't think this is the place to ask for it. But I may be mistaken in this.

On the other hand, there is something boring but simple that almost anyone can
help with: bug #673268. It needs an enourmous ammount of work, but it's a
quite simple task. I'm planning to go for it on Sunday, starting more or less
at 17:00 GTM. If someone is interested, [s]he can join #debian-kde on
irc.oftc.net to sync efforts.

Regards, Lisandro.

--
#exclude <windows.h>