Re: KDE PIM packaging

On 30/08/2012 at 21:27, Torsten Grote <t@grobox.de> wrote:

> How hard is it to learn Debian packaging? Is it realistic
> for me to start and try to help with that? (I do have a technical
> background,  know how to program, use git etc.)

Debian packaging is not all that hard. I managed to create my first package
from source in one evening.

There things are easier, because you don't have to start from scratch (there
are already older versions packaged). But PIM packages seems to be quite
complex (many packages from one source) — perhaps it would be better to start
with something easier.

Anyway, I am not Debian developer, so you don't have to trust me.
You should definitely read that, though:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski