Re: kmail freeze when inserting something from addressbook into composer and then sending mail

Am Donnerstag, 9. August 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> > >
> > > Of course it did.
> > >
> > > Well I really look forward to KDEPIM 4.8.5 test packages and I
> > > really do hope that things will be better then. I do not think it
> > > makes much sense to dig out the root cause of this wierd, but very
> > > annoying bug considering that this is an unsupported mixed KDEPIM
> > > 4.4.5 / KDE 4.8.4 issue.
> > >
> > > But one thing I will try: I will downgrade kdepim-runtime from
> > > 4:4.8.4-1 to 4:4.4.11.1-5 for the time being. If it lets me ;).
> >
> > Having calmed down a bit, it might have been really mixed KDEPIM
> > 4.4.11.1 with kdepim-runtime 4.8.4. Cause I didn´t have it all the
> > time before when I had KDEPIM 4.4.11 with KDE 4.7., 4.6 and whatnot.
> > It may be something else KDE 4.8 related, but I doubt it.
> >
> > Let´s see. I hope sending mail just works now in all the cases again
> > ;)
>
> That wasn´t it. It still happens, but I found out that when I kill some
> Nepomuk process I can have the mail sending process move forward. First
> I stopped and started Akonadi on the command line with the mail
> composer window still open. I pressed send, the button has been marked
> as clicked and then nothing, no CPU usage either.

Addendum: Nepomuk mail indexing is still off, but Nepomuk desktop search is
on.

I might just ask on Nepomuk mailing list for a hint, but then they
probably tell use KDEPIM 4.8.4 or so.

Anyway I know some workaround and know that I have sort of documented it
here.