Re: kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 in experimental, call for testing

domenica 24 giugno 2012 Vainius ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have uploaded kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 to experimental (no kdepim itself
> yet). I never expected kdepim 4.4.11 (esp. kmail 1) to work with
> kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 but apparently, it does (at least for me). Therefore,
> I started wondering if kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 might be a
> good combination for wheezy especially if it brings some benefits to the
> table. We still have a couple of days until Wheezy freeze (June 30) so I
> would be grateful if some brave users tested this combination on their
> systems and reported any problems or success stories.
>
> * Test if kmail, korganizer, ktimetracker, address book and the whole
> kontact work as expected.
> * Test if maybe any of your pet bugs have been fixed.
> * Test if any other features like e.g. ownCloud (hi
> Diederik! [1]) or various groupware support started to work magically.
> * Test if external akonadi resources like e.g. googledata work as expected.
>
> We need this information in order to determine if kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 is
> worth a risk at all.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2012/05/msg00097.html

lunedì 25 giugno 2012

Kontact took a little more to run but it started, almost everything is working
out-of-the-box (it seems like a migration tool has done the magic) my google
calendar and my google contacts are in place, just notes are having troubles.
I'm going to look if I can fix them.

Valerio