Re: kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 in experimental, call for testing

Hi Modestas,

Modestas Vainius wrote:

> I have uploaded kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 to experimental (no kdepim itself
> yet). I never expected kdepim 4.4.11 (esp. kmail 1) to work with
> kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 but apparently, it does (at least for me). Therefore,
> I started wondering if kdepim-runtime 4.8.4 + kdepim 4.4.11.1 might be a
> good combination for wheezy especially if it brings some benefits to the
> table. We still have a couple of days until Wheezy freeze (June 30) so I
> would be grateful if some brave users tested this combination on their
> systems and reported any problems or success stories.

This is great news. I gave it a try and so far everything that worked
previously still works as well. And even more!

> * Test if any other features like e.g. ownCloud (hi
> Diederik! [1]) or various groupware support started to work magically.

I tried to get OwnCloud to work. The Configration of the Akonadi DAV
Groupware Resource in Systemsettings worked very well out of the box and
KAdressbook also detected the Contacts. Perfect. Unfortunatelly, I am unable
to get KOrganizer recognize the new Kalender. Up to now I didn't use
KOrganzier at all. I couldn't find any Calender Selection Window in
KOrganzier, so I deleted the korganzier files in .kde and found it after a
restart of KOrganizer. If I then try to add the appropriate Calender and
select Akonadi-Resouce in the following Window, I am unable to find the
OwnCloud Calender. I'd be glad if anyone has a hint.

Thank you very much!
Felix