Re: KDE-update overwrote my settings

On 2012-06-23, Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> - wallpaper was set to standard
>
> - all widgets were gone and had to reactivate manually (although, they were
> shown as installed)

I have upgraded a couple of machines and haven't seen those.

> - powerdevil: option profiles disappeared (I already sent a bugreport for this)

Looks like power profiles is configured a lot different now.
http://old.nabble.com/The-future-of-Power-Management---together-with-Activities-td32574372.html

> I suppose, this should not happen, as one of debians rules is, never to change
> personal settings.

I think the two first are bugs, but only ones that will be solved if
they can be reproduced. The last one seems like a new interesting
feature.

And sometimes upgrades does change bits and pieces in the configuration
parameters they actually accept.

/Sune