Re: KDE PIM packaging

Martin Steigerwald:

> The switch to Akonadi for KMail is a big one.

And a quite questionable, too.

> And I think even right now
> there is no way of automatic migration thats working out okay in most
> cases.

Wow. What do they smoke over at KDE Central?

> Thus the recommended procedure as far as I am aware of is to
> recreate mail accounts and reimport mail from IMAP server or POP3 mail
> directory. As far as I read its usually also necessary to recreate all
> filter rules.

Fine. I have a ~/Mail around 1G in size and a forest of filter rules.
This "recommended procedure" is simply not feasible for me.

Add to this the quite braindama^W questionable idea to move not only
metadata stuff but the complete maildir to akonadi, and *I* will be out of
the game, for sure.

regards,
	Dietz