How to show birthdays defined in KAddressbook in KOrganizer

Hi,
back when I was still using KDE3 KOrganizer showed the birthdays defined in
KAdressbook.  This was a very useful feature. At some point after upgrading to
KDE 4 (I guess when KAddressbook started to use Akonadi?) this feature stopped
working and now the birthdays definied in KAddressbook are not shown in
KOrganizer anymore. Is there a way to make KOrganizer show the birthdays
again?
Thanks,
Michael