Re: kmail freeze when inserting something from addressbook into composer and then sending mail

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2012 schrieb Coque Couto:
> 2012/6/6 Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org>
>
> > On Wednesday 06 June 2012 16:22:43 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > 1. Click on an email in address book.
> > > 2. write some subject and some text
> > > 3. Cut&Paste some phone number from an address book entry.
> > > 4. Press "Send".
> > >
> > > kmail hangs. I see the process with 99% CPU usage and it does not
> > > respond to SIGTERM, only to SIGKILL.
> > >
> > > Can anybody reproduce this?
> >
> > I tried it and it send the msg without any issues.
>
> Martin,
>
> Try to disable Nepomuk in System Settings > Desktop Search. I've
> suffered constant Kmail hangs like the one you describe until I
> disabled Nepomuk.

Thanks for the hint.

I just disabled email indexing, not Nepomuk completely and was able to
send a mail with phone numbers pasted directly from address book.

Since that mail indexing as far as I understand only makes sense with
KDEPIM 2 I will leave it that way.

Hope it helps. I do not want to disable Nepomuk completely, cause I like
desktop search.