Re: kmail -> akonadi does not run

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 09:03:25 +0200
Luc Castermans <luc.castermans@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Luc,

> problem. Like Chris I run dist-upgrade minimal weekly and did miss the
> effects of it.

One of the benefits of running updates with Synaptic is that suggested
removals are highlighted.  This always draws my attention, making me
check them first.  In this case, I couldn't see anything useful about
the removal, so updated only stuff that didn't require it.  Having read
through the messages in this thread I found why it was required, and how
to work around it.

So, my thanks to all, too.  If you hadn't asked the question Luc, I'd
never have figured it out.

--
 Regards  _
I ain't got no time for intellectual music, e.g. Hergest Ridge