Kaboom: Greek letters in Kontact

Hi,

Having applied Kaboom all email folder names, email subjects and the
content of all mails in Kontact (being part of KDE4 in Debian Squeeze
6.0.4) appear with Greek letters.

This is an unexpected behaviour because the email folder names, email
subjects and the content of all mails in Kontact in my Debian Lenny
installation are in Latin letters.

What I did:

My current productive system is Debian Lenny. I want to switch to Debian
Squeeze, but without upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze, but instead by
installing a new, fresh Debian Squeeze and migrating my KDE settings
and data from Debian Lenny to Squeeze.

So did I. I installed Debian Squeeze in a test installation. Before that
I backupped my KDE data and settings (among other data from Kontact) in
Debian Lenny.

Then I installed Squeeze 6.0.4 in another partition. I then created a
new "normal" user account in Squeeze (without root priviliges) using
the adduser command. I then copied the backupped KDE settings and data
from Lenny to the home directory of the new user in Squeeze. Then I
logged into KDE using this new account, and the Kaboom wizard appeared
at once. I used this wizard to migrate my KDE settings and data from
Lenny.

When I now start Kontact in Debian Squeeze, then, as described above,
all email folder names, email subjects and the content of all mails in
Kontact appear with Greek letters.

What can be done to display the email folder names, email subjects and
the content of emails in Latin letters?

By the way, the content of calendar, contact and tasks dates that I
migrated with Kaboom are shown with Latin letters in Kontact in Debian
Squeeze. And a re-login into KDE did not resolve the behaviour.

Regards,

Jens