Re: KOrganizer half-broken after upgrade of rest of KDE to 4.7 - does not show existing data

On 20/03/2012 at 17:38, Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh! Thanks, I would never have figured that out without the screenshot.
> The panels of KOrganizer are resizable. It looks like I must have
> decided I used a single calendar a long time ago and reduced that one to
> the minimum, so I was not seeing the Calendars panel at all.

Same story here :) .

After digging through all possible toolbar options and googling like mad man,
I finally watch some video tutorial for configuring KOrganizer to work with
google calendar. It is only after watching this video when I realized how
*obvious* it is to add new calendar.

Well, it is obvious when you know that...

> I also created a new user just to be
> sure, and that new user also couldn't create events.

In some way it is logical that new user can't create events. I mean - it is
new user without any configuration, so he or she has no calendars at all, not
to mention default one. So KOrganizer is right to tell user that events can
not be created (KOrganizer does not know where to save that info). Although it
would be nice, if KOrganizer could find out if user has no calendars set up and
ask, if he or she would like to create one.

The real problem is that after simply upgrading KDE, KOrganizer forgets about
(all?) calendars, leaving user in confusion. Software upgrade should not lead
to that, at least not without clear warning. But maybe I have missed something
(I have apt-listchanges installed)?
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski