Re: Since upgrade to KDE 4.7.4 desktop effects do not work anymore

Op 19 maart 2012 19:39 heeft Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> het
volgende geschreven:

> Hello Luc,
>
>> Till yesterdays upgrade of Debian Wheezy / KDE from 4.6.5 to 4.7.4 the
>> desktop effects on my PC worked.   Now they stopped working.
>
> Like you, I have an nVidia card, and use their driver.  Unlike you,
> effects are working here.
>
> Try moving ~/.kde (after logging out), and see what happens.

Actually that is how I started,  To make the story complete:

1. I have 2 PC´s and a file-server (NFS), the 2 PC´s are on Wheezy.
    Both PC´s have local install, so / and /home is on the file-server
2. I dist-upgraded on PC1 (did not check effects on this PC)
3. I dist-upgraded PC2; now I could NOT login to this PC:
    I get the KDM screen, but between 3 and 5 icon (disk,...., kde)
    I was thrown into the KDM login screen again
4. so I went into local root and deleted .kde from the users home-dir
5. Next I could log in, had to redo my whole desktop settings again and
6. found out desktop effects not working

So: should I try again ?

Many thanks,

--
Luc Castermans