Re: Options for kdepim using kde 4.7/unstable?

Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Dienstag, 13. März 2012 schrieb Dietz Pröpper:
> > Current kde from unstable is a bad idea for a laptop imho, because for
> > some reason, plasma-desktop permanently pulls some % of cpu time,
> > therefore ruining battery life.
>
> It might do so on your machine(s).

Obviously :-\.

> On my machines it doesn´t.

Ack.

> plasma-desktop might pull CPU time permanently due to some widget you
> have installed that I may not have installed.

I suspect something like that, but can't nail it down. The fact, that if I
fire up gnome, I see the "expected" consumption, around 15W, and on a
freshly created account, kde pulls around 22W idleing around indicates that
it's in some way kde related I think.

Regards,
	Dietz
--
To be a bug is a dumb thing, a silly and a bump thing,
but to be a bug is something, and You're not a thing at all.