Re: Options for kdepim using kde 4.7/unstable?

Am Dienstag, 13. März 2012 schrieb Dietz Pröpper:
> Johannes Graumann:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For my new laptop I'm tempted to go with kde 4.7 as now residing in
> > unstable. However, the lack of kdepim therein is a show stopper for
> > me. Do inofficial repositories exist to get kontact none the less?
> > Are their other options?
>
> Current kde from unstable is a bad idea for a laptop imho, because for
> some reason, plasma-desktop permanently pulls some % of cpu time,
> therefore ruining battery life.

It might do so on your machine(s).

On my machines it doesn´t.

plasma-desktop might pull CPU time permanently due to some widget you have
installed that I may not have installed.

If something happens for you, it does not necessarily happen for everyone
else.

KDE SC 4.7.4 IMHO is the best KDE 4 I ever had running here so far. Of
course your mileage may vary.

Ciao,