Re: Options for kdepim using kde 4.7/unstable?

Le Tuesday 13 March 2012 10:44:22, Dietz Pröpper a écrit :
> Johannes Graumann:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For my new laptop I'm tempted to go with kde 4.7 as now residing in
> > unstable. However, the lack of kdepim therein is a show stopper for me.
> > Do inofficial repositories exist to get kontact none the less? Are
> > their other options?
>
> Current kde from unstable is a bad idea for a laptop imho, because for some
> reason, plasma-desktop permanently pulls some % of cpu time, therefore
> ruining battery life.

Hello,

Can you be more specific (or link to a bug report or thread or ...)? I am using
kdepim in unstable and I did not observe such behaviour; but I am very
interested in anything that could reduce the power consumption.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Gurvan