Re: Phonon and pulseaudio

El Jue 23 Feb 2012 17:30:04 Frédéric Burlet escribió:
> Well, good news.
> I managed to get back the sound for my user by removing ~/.pulse* files.
>
> But once I play with the settings in System Settings -> Multimedia -> Phonon -
> > Audio Hardware Setup... I don't have sound anymore.
>
> Now, I don't touch anything anymore :)
>
> Fred.

I don't have the same problem, but something similar. If I purge pulseaudio, I don't have sound anymore, no matter what I do with alsa devices or channels. I don't researched so much, just reinstalled pulseaudio and everything works as before.

In my case, the problem stays in a lower level that pulse, but it seems that each system have different problems with sound...