Re: Phonon and pulseaudio

On 24/02/12 21:45, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:54:10 +1100
> Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Scott,
>
> As you've probably read by now, I've already implemented Florian's
> solution.  No matter; thanks for your response.
>
>> Perhaps it's related to this:-
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/02/msg01791.html
>
> The .conf file mentioned in that post doesn't exist here.

Likewise on my builds. No pulse-alsa.conf anywhere.

> Whether that's
> because, or in spite, of Florian's method I don't know.  Just noticed it
> was posted only yesterday, and relates to Sid.  I'm using Testing.  I'll
> make a note of it, just in case the problem arises if/when that version
> of pulseaudio migrates.  Hopefully, that particular issue will be ironed
> out before any migration occurs.
>
>> (sorry, it doesn't affect me, so I can't offer any suggestions)
>
> Don't apologise;  You offered information that was relevant.  If
> Florian's suggestion had not worked, yours would have been the next to
> try.

The poorly worded "apology" 'meant' - "I don't have personal experience
with this" (but I know the poster to be knowledgeable and reliable). :-)

The only problems I've every had with sound were:-
old Thinkpads using a sound card unsupported in Debian alsa (hasn't been
a problem for some years)
pulseaudio configuration (no longer a problem since I discovered paman)
Amarok crashes (I put up with them, it's just not included in client
builds.)

Kind regards