Graphics System raster does not work

I upgraded Qt to 4.8.0 from experimental, and found that applications using
the raster graphics system (e.g. Klickety) failed to render correctly, and
printed large numbers of BadDrawable X errors when started from Konsole.

I then downgraded to Qt 4.7.4 again, and found that this problem persisted.

In addition, with Qt 4.8.0, font rendering is much worse than before, and KDM
crashes upon starting, but these problems disappeared again after downgrading.