Re: Problem adding a second launcher to the panel

Progress made - many thanks.

On 05/01/12 00:41, Beojan Stanislaus wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2012 13:16:42 Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On Squeeze I'd like to add a second instance of the Application Launcher
>> Menu that just consists of entries from a subdirectory on the default
>> Application Launcher Menu.

<snipped>

> I think you can just add a folder view to the panel, pointing to a folder
> containing links to those sessions.

You're correct - I can. (thanks)

If I choose => Locations => specify a place,
"applications:/Internet/Remote/" I get the submenu on the Panel as I want.
A black square instead on an icon on the Panel though.

> If you are looking for a second menu containing an entire subdirectory of the
> main menu, you can do that with lancelot by dragging the subdirectory to the
> panel from lancelot, and selecting shelf.

I can drag the subdirectory from Lancelot Launcher to the Panel and
choose from "Folder View", "Lancelot Part", or "Icon". Perhaps shelf is
an option available in later Debian releases.

Lancelot Part, or Icon, just result in a blank pop-up (regardless of
settings). So scratch those options for linking a subdirectory.

Folder View via Lancelot does the same thing as Folder View - also no
Panel icon except the blank icon is white.

So I have 90% of what I want - I just need to work out how to associate
an icon with the Panel entry. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers.