Re: Thanks for KDE 4.7.4

Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2011 schrieb Michael Schuerig:
> On Monday 19 December 2011, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Thanks for KDE 4.7.4.
> >
> > Installed nicely after I selected to upgrade
> > shared-desktop-ontologies from aptitude´s conflict resolution
> > offerings.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> can you give a hint how you managed to upgrade from 4.6.5 in unstable?
> I've tried
>
> $ sudo aptitude install -t experimental kde-standard
>
> and various other things. In each case, aptitude suggests to remove a
> large number or KDE packages.

I don´t remember that step anymore. I upgrade from previous 4.7.2
packages. They upgrade from 4.6.5 wasn´t to difficult at all.

Try the dist-upgrade thing Petr suggested. When aptitude doesn´t yield
expected results, try apt-get or cycle through the offerings that aptitude
gives you. Maybe install shared-desktop-ontologies from experimental
manually before you try to install KDE 4.7.4.

For more detailed suggestions I need to see outputs of aptitude / apt-get!

Thanks