Re: [OT] kde 4.6.4 backports problem

Hi Leopold,
On 03.10.2011, at 16:31, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first of all sorry if this mail is not send to the correct place, but my
> problem is something that "maybe" occurs in the testing/sid version.
>
> I cannot mount an usb drive, I got this error:
>
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
> include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security
> policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection
> was broken.

Is the some additional output in /var/log/daemon or /var/log/messages?
What is the output from dmesg when you insert the usb device?

> someone of you know what could be?
>
> I'm using a squeeze distro with the debian-desktop backported packages.

Please note that the packages from debian-desktop are not supported by the debian kde team.
Did you run an upgrade or dist-upgrade to install the backports?
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -u dist-upgrade

Kind regards,

Martin