Re: Can't find brazilian ABNT2 keyboard layout configuration in KDE4 - squeeze (SOLVED)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Can't find brazilian ABNT2 keyboard layout configuration in KDE4 - squeeze (SOLVED)
- From: Joao Roscoe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:03:43 -0300
- Message-id: <CAKaijp2ycrefLRfJ0GQ6MGXTkPk8=DDjDwEitwrzXZ6-Oassemail@example.com>
Your comment gave an idea: I took a look at another squeeze box I have
(I installed squeeze in this one myself). In this other machine, the
keyboard is working properly, ***and***:
1. Keyboard layouts is disabled in systemsettings;
2. There's no xorg.conf at all.
So I did a little more research and found a locale issue - my personal
profile was enforcing LANG=C, very old stuff. I removed that, and now,
with en_US.UTF-8, everything works (proper keymap both in X and in
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Diggory Hardy <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> By the way, keyboard layouts are configured by XKB in a desktop independent
> manner, so this might be better addressed to an xserver list.
> On 18 August 2011 23:27, Joao Roscoe <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Looked at systemsettings, "General" tab, "Regional and Languages",
>> "Keyboard Layout"
>> Am I missing something?
>> Best regards,
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-kde-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
>> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact