Re: Ksplashx will not show right after login.

On 19/08/11 00:53, Joao Roscoe wrote:
> I have an up-to-date squeeze i386 fresh install which is not
> displaying ksplash properly right after login. It just shows a white
> rectangle on screen's top left corner, and then it presents my
> desktop.
>
> I assumed that there was something wrong with ksplash settings - so I
> fired SystemSettings as root, selected "Look and Feel" > "Appearance"
>> "Splash Screen" > "Default", and then hit the "Test Theme" button.
> Got an error: "Failed to successfully test the splash screen".
>
> So, I did the same as regular user. I found that my personal theme
> choice was already "Default", and the test button worked. Also, I
> typed >ksplahsx Default --test in konsole, and that worked also.
>
> Then, I logged out, and logged in again. Still, no splash at all, only
> a white rectangle on the left top screen corner.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Regards,
> joão

That's root's splash screen you're setting in System Settings. (I'm
aware that you eventually solved the problem).

Cheers

--
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's