Re: kde 4.6.4 backports

Hi Martin

Martin Alfke wrote:
> On 06.08.2011, at 17:48, Xavier Brochard <xavier@alternatif.org> wrote:
> I already registered on apt-get.org.

well, I didn't find your repository, because the description is a bit old
and not very accurate:
"KDE 4.2.4 backport from sid and pkg-qt-kde svn" and it was last checked
2010-10-26 (it shows only 4.2 packages).

I suggest you change for something like:
"KDE 4 backport from sid ... updated regurlarly"

>> How did you proceed to backport? Hrvoje Senjan said that basically he has
>> just taken the packages from testing and recompile them. Is that you have
>> done?
>
> I created a squeeze chroot installed build-essentials and devscripts and
> added the wheezy deb-src repository.
>
> I then started with apt-get source qt4-x11, run dch-i for adding a
> changelog entry and used debuild -sa to created packages. Some kde
> packages required newer versions of other dependencies which I backported
> in the same way.

So, it wasn't difficult and there were very few libraries compatibility
problems ?

> On PowerPC architecture I am stuck due to some errors which I need to
> investigate.

Unfortunatly, I can't help on this side. I'm not owning a PowerPc anymore

I am curious about some missing packages: was there compatibility problems
to not backport phonon-backend-gstreamer and plasma-widget-
networkmanagement?

regards
xavier