[SOLVED] Re: KDE4.6.3: Plasma panels settings mangled after restarting

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:19:56 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej+debian@kacian.sk> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have recently upgraded to KDE 4.6 on wheezy, and I'm pleasantly surprised at
>how much faster and less buggy the environment is.
>
>However, among few bugs which annoy me is that after I set up my panels the
>way I want them, KDE keeps changing their position and settings after I log
>out and log back in.
>
>State after login just now: http://bayimg.com/DaiPIAadi
>
>The way it was before: http://bayimg.com/DAiPjAAdI
>(the bottom bar is aligned to the left, wide only for the three icons and set
>to autohide, so it's not visible)
>
>Is there anything I can do to make this stop (apart from filing a bug) ?
>
>TIA,

I decided to ditch all my KDE configuration and start fresh (deleted ~/.kde
and various ~/.config subdirectories). After I configured panels like I had
them before, they manage to survive logout and login just fine.

Perhaps it was some artifact of upgrade from KDE 4.4 - I have no idea,
really. :)

--
Andrej Kacian