Re: Sid upgrade fails from kde 4.4.5-( to kde 4.6.3-1

Courrier Debian wrote:
> Someone says that the result of an apt-get dist-upgrade in French is not
> clear and ask me to do the same command with LANG=C, the result is.
> LANG=C apt-get dist-upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   akonadiconsole akregator amor ark blinken blogilo bluedevil bomber bovo
> [snip]

Hi

I'm not sure if your have solved your problem or not, but here's an easy
solution to kde upgrade problem with experimental packages:
step 1: launch aptitude, and manually upgrade everything but kde packages.
In other words: at first, solve your dependencies problem that are outside
of kde.
step 2: manually upgrade kde or just do aptitude full-upgrade.

(in aptitude you don't have to mark every package, just mark the package
"category", and then refine if needed)

Using various experimental repositories, I have frequent unsolvable
dependencies for aptitude, specially with large updates like new kde
versions. I allways solve them like this.

bon courage
xavier