Re: Scrolling problems

On Thursday 07 April 2011 15:45:42 Benjamí Villoslada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Often when scrolling lines are mixed or have black boxes --and is
> complicated to edit code with programs such as Kate.
>
> The video card is "ATI Technologies Inc RV610 [Radeon HD 2400 XT]"
> with the "radeon" driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  The problem persists
> with or without desktop effects.  KDE version: 4.4.5 in Debian Sid.
>
> Any workaround? thanks!
>
> Regards,

Have you tried to upgrade to KDE 4.6?

Many people reported improved performance under KDE 4.6 Kwin's and I read that
there a lot of other bugfixes as well.

I can report that on my Intel card it improved a lot.

You can upgrade to KDE 4.6 following the instructions on this page http://qt-
kde.debian.net/, so far I've upgraded on three computers and it was really
smooth.

Have a great day,

Josep