Re: Phonon occasionally working

On Friday 01 October 2010 14:59:41 Aniruddha wrote:
> > Do you have multiple sound cards in your system?
> > What's the backend for Phonon? When you go into System Settings -
> > Multimedia, you'll see your Phonon
> > settings. IIRC for squeeze (ie KDE 4.4.5) it's on the second tab.
>
> Thanks for the help. I have one onboard soundcard and I am using the xine
> backend.

AFAIK there is no dependency to pulseaudio, so you can remove/purge it (as well as
/etc/asound.conf). I don't have it/them.

When you're in the MultiMedia module and you select the music category (for example) and select your
playback device and press the "Test" button, what happens?

Also what do you get from "aptitude search ~ialsa" ?
I got:
i A alsa-base                                  - ALSA driver configuration files
i   alsa-utils                                    - Utilities for configuring and using ALSA
i A libsdl1.2debian-alsa                    - Simple DirectMedia Layer (with X11 and ALSA options)